Diwali is that time of the year when we take a short break from our routine life and get together with family and friends for a boisterous celebration. The preparations for the same start way in advance. While cleaning and decking up the house is one part of the preparations, one big part that we tend to ignore is planning and buying gifts for friends and family. Trust me, leaving it till the last minute is not a great idea. Gone are the days when everyone used to gift a soan papdi ka dabba, kitchen ware or a silver coin.
The concept of gifting has evolved over the years and we are moving towards gifts that are more thoughtful and appreciated by the receiver. To present innovative, thoughtful gifts to your friends and family, you may consider the following points:
- A family gift: Diwali is all about togetherness and gifting something that can be used by the entire family or enjoyed by them together, is a great idea. So always choose gifts for the family.
- Consider the interests of the family: It is always better to consider the choices of the person or family for whom you are buying a gift. Making a little effort can go a long way in making lasting impressions and relationships. Your closed ones might have mentioned something that they intend to buy in the coming months. Buying such gifts are valued and cherished for a lifetime.
- Give a personalised touch by gifting something handmade: Adding a personal touch makes the gifts very special. It conveys your love and warmth for the giftee. It can be as simple as a handwritten card or a lamp that you decorated.
Basis the above points, you can choose from the following gifts for your loved ones:
- Indoor plants: A small indoor plant would be one of the most thoughtful gifts to reduce carbon footprint, especially during Diwali when the pollution levels are at its peak. These indoor plants occupy very little space and live for a long time to keep the giftee healthy.
- Magic of Aroma: Gifting scents can never go wrong. Everyone loves a refreshing aroma that uplifts the mood and brings positivity to their homes..To break away from the clutter you can opt for smart options like Godrej aer matic fragrance diffusers. It’s an automatic air freshener with flexi control timer. So you can control the frequency of sprays. It’s easily available online and could be the perfect gift for your friends and family. Everybody is sure to get impressed by the tantalizing fragrances and they would be bound to thank you every time they take a whiff of it. You can easily buy it online https://amzn.to/2MaBL08
- Personalized tea/coffee hampers: Mostly everybody starts their day with either tea or coffee. By gifting tea/coffee, your loved ones will be reminded of you first thing in the morning with every sip of that perfect tea or coffee. kick starting the day right rejuvenates you for the rest of the day, So gift something that makes their day.
- Unique playing cards: Diwali is one time of the year when most families get their playing cards out to play through the night. Friends start the patti games much more in advance. So this Diwali gift your friend a gold plated pack of cards and sit down to watch the giftee’s face beam with joy!!
- Gift card: This is the last resort. When none of the points about choosing the right gift works for you, opt for a gift card. You pay, they choose and it couldn’t get any better than this. The giftee gets absolute freedom to buy stuff of his/her choice and hence a gift card comes as a last-minute resort too.
This Diwali gift something refreshing and something hatke to your loved ones. Have you planned your Diwali gifts? Let me know in comments, what is your gifting idea this Diwali.